Saturday, 31 December 2011
For the past five years we've stayed in on new year's eve, a glass of nice wine, takeaway and then tucked up in bed before the clock strikes midnight. Just the way I like it.
Before I drift off to sleep tonight, I'll no doubt be wondering what 2012 has in store for me. 2011 has been a massive year, with the biggest change being the arrival of our little boy. I'm pretty sure that 2012 will have some big things for us as a family too. Here's what I'm looking forward to and hoping for:
* Watching Lil-lil take on big school. I know she's going to grow in amazing leaps and bounds this year.
* Watching Goosey thrive in preschool and find her place in the world.
* Watching D grow up. This year he'll eat solids, crawl and possibly walk. He'll grow from a baby to a boy and his personality will be revealed.
*Watching Skip tackle and juggle the challenges of work and home.
* Enjoying time with Skip watching our kids grow. Laughing together and having time just the two of us.
* Creating a place for us to live, a sanctuary. Somewhere, somehow. Because this two-bed home is getting small for the five of us.
* Watching and sharing in my friends and family's milestones, happy moments and achievements.
* Finding more exciting things to challenge me personally and stretch my mind. Maybe through this blog. Maybe in some other way.
By this time next year, I'd love to be healthier and I'd also like to sit back and feel satisfied that I'd achieved some things just for me. Most of all, I hope that we make it through unscathed and happy and healthy, if we can manage that, that will be enough.
So, roll on 2012, I'm ready.
Image: supakitmod / FreeDigitalPhotos.net