Wow, it's Friday again. What is it about this time of year that has life set on fast forward? It's like spring hits and the weeks just zoom by.
In some ways my head is already in 2011 as this week has involved a lot of thought about what we'll be doing next year – preschool, work, holidays. I haven't come up with any concrete solutions but we're getting there. Though I must say, the plans I am working on are scaring me half to death!
This week in highlights:
* Going to see some friends' band play at a rockerbilly/mod festival. They sounded fantastic and there was the BEST people watching ever. The girls absolutely loved it and Goosey danced her socks off until an unfortunate poo incident had us running for home.
* Showing the girls Skip and my wedding DVD. They thought it was great until they realised they weren't in it and quickly got bored and wanted to watch Dora.
* Catching up with a good friend. Though the visit was first disrupted by two girls who tore apart the cafe and when we escaped to a park it bucketed down, drenching us all. I'm sure my friend was happy to go home and get warm and breathe a sigh of relief that the kids weren't hers.
* A good bloggy friend reaching out; being a bit down and feeling pretty negative, someone lovely inspired me to challenge myself and put myself out there. It worked a treat and I'm feeling hopeful again.
* Lil-lil receiving her new ballet shoes from eBay in the post. Her toe has been pointed ever since and she hasn't taken her eyes off them. It's true love!
* Tonight I'm looking forward to a perfectly cooked steak and a glass of fabulous Pinot. A fine way to end the week and start the weekend.
How was your week?