Only in Dubai....
* is shiny black marble considered a great flooring product. They love it. I don't, especially when a drop of water turns into an instant ice skating rink.
* is all-you-can-drink, free-flowing alcohol buffets the norm, yet I can't buy a bottle of wine to drink at a restaurant or a picnic.
* is there often a man at the parking lot boom gate to help you put the ticket in. It really is quite strenuous to reach across and do it yourself, you know.
* are the sunrises and sunsets so glorious each and every day.
* do I get called 'Madame' each and every day.
* do you see Rolls Royces and Bentleys in the school car park. Or a Bugatti pull up to your apartment complex.
* is it OK to cross four lanes of traffic at the very last second to make your exit on a major road.
* will the leader send everyone a text message to say "Happy National Day"
* will you shiver, say 'it's a bit chilly' and put on a jumper when it's 25 degrees celsius.
* do you ask everyone you meet "Where are you from and how long are you here for?"
* can you buy an apartment and they'll throw in a new Audi for free.
* is a puddle a major traffic diversion.
|Sunrise taken as I was dropping the girls at school. Ah-mazing.|