If you've been reading the past few days, you'll know that I'm solo parenting this week.
That dinner/bath/bed hour is chaotic and even more so when you're doing it on your own. D's at that age where he's hungry and tired and just cries for an hour or more. The girls are loud too. Juggling baths and meals and getting them all into bed is exhausting.
I also miss that adult conversation. Sharing what went on in your days.
But... as with everything, it's not all bad. So to focus on the positive and get through another week, here are the positives about being the only adult in the house.
- I make dinner and bed earlier, so I can dinner and bed earlier too
- I can make simple meals. Beans on toast, if need be.
- I can have complete control of the remote and watch shows like The Voice or Wife Swap without judgement.
- I can sleep diagonally in bed and hog the doona.
- I don't have to share the Tim-Tams
- You get a chance to miss each other and appreciate him when he comes home.
What's your favourite thing to do when you've got the house to yourself?