|Summer Mad Men-style. Just because I can.|
Today I'm posting a mish-mash of things I've been meaning to post about.
The end of the year is fast approaching, so I thought it was time to be brave and check out my 10 in 2010 to see if I achieved anything.
1) Eat healthy and drink less (or not at all). Well I don't know about the healthy eating part, but I haven't drunk much this year.
2) I want exercise to be a regular part of my day (yawn... I know, I know all very boring stuff but necessary). Total fail. Total, total fail. That's all I'll say.
3) I want to pamper myself more - take more time out for just me; buy myself clothes; do my nails; spoil myself with a pretty bauble now and again; get my hair done regularly. I didn't get here 100%, but there was a definite improvement. I think I have looked after myself better, but there's definitely room for improvement in 2011.
4) Take some singing/music classes. I have been wanting to do this for so long, but now I want to find a way to make it happen. Nup, another fail. I really wish I did this, but it's really expensive. Maybe next year?
5) Have a beach holiday with my family. Success! We actually went on two beach holidays this year!
6) Start a long-term saving/investment plan. Another fail.
7) Finish my backyard (it's been a project in progress for two years!) and make it a lovely place to be. Success! We now have a completed backyard to enjoy.... Now if this rain would just stop...
8) Plan an overseas holiday for 2011 - either New York or France (or both!). No, no plan.
9) Cook a sensational three-course French meal for Skip (doesn't really go with number 1, I know). Haven't done it yet, but there's still time isn't there? Maybe NYE?
10) Find a wonderful dream to chase and start chasing it. In some strange way, I think this blog has been the wonderful dream. At least that's what I'm claiming.
Well, according to my list, 2010 hasn't been all that I hoped it would be, but hey, I have a month to do all the things left on the list! Anyone want to help me?
Two days ago, I was feeling tired and cranky. I was having a fairly crap afternoon. While I was sitting in a doctor's waiting room, I tweeted "Feeling tired, crank and a tad emotional. #pleasepassthechocolate"
I then received a tweet from Coles saying they couldn't get me some then, but would the next day do?
I just thought they were joking along with me, but low and behold, last night there was a knock at the door and a Coles man stood there holding a bottle of French champagne and a package with a variety of chocolate.
Some times, all you have to do is ask and you will receive!
Thanks Coles, you certainly brightened my dull day.
So in the theme of asking and receiving, here's my Christmas list:
* Books - Mad Men Unbuttoned; Keith Richards' Life; Jonathan Franzen's Freedom; Actually any new book I'd love.
* Mad Men series 3/4 on DVD
* Movie/theatre tix
* '60s-style sundress
* Music/singing lessons (see above)
*Antique ring (art deco-style or a pearl ring)
* A beach house.
Not too much to ask for? Surely.
What do you want Santa to put in your stocking?