Every now and then, I'll write up some of the funny, cute and just plain odd things that come out of the mouths of my children. Today, I thought I'd get in the spirit and share with you some of their Christmas crackers.
- On hearing that we'd be watching the NYE's fireworks, Lil-lil said: "But I already saw those with Daddy last time. We're going to see them again?"
- I overheard Lil-lil talking on her toy phone saying: "Santa, my sister has been very, very naughty. Please don't bring her any presents."
- While handing out Christmas gifts to a friend who was going away, Goose said with gusto: "Happy birthday!"
- Lil-lil asked what we'd have at Christmas dinner and when she heard they'd be Christmas crackers, she said: "With what kind of dip?"
- Lil-lil kindly told me: "Mum, I'm going to get you something really special for Christmas. I'm going to get you your favourite princess, Snow White, doll." Gee, I can't wait!
- Lil-lil: "Mum, I really want to watch Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer!" Me: "No, not now. Maybe a bit later." Lil-lil: "But Mum, he has a very shiny nose." (Of course, that makes all the difference!?)
- Yesterday, while driving, Lil-lil sighed and said: "I can't wait for Christmas, so I can play in the snow." I think she's going to be a bit disappointed. No amount of explaining could convince her it wouldn't snow at Christmas.
Now, this one isn't mine, but a friend's child. It's so cute I have to include it. The little friend told Lil-lil very earnestly: "Santa lives in my chimney!"
I think the next week is going to be a very exciting one for two little people in our house. I hope they don't burst!
Have a great weekend.