1) Eat healthy and drink less (or not at all). I'm not eating super healthy (though I generally do eat pretty well anyway), a little bit too much chocolate is recent weeks. I haven't had a drop of alcohol in three weeks, so that's pretty good.
2) I want exercise to be a regular part of my day (yawn... I know, I know all very boring stuff but necessary). I've been extremely slack when it comes to exercise. Definitely need a kick in the bum.
3) I want to pamper myself more - take more time out for just me; buy myself clothes; do my nails; spoil myself with a pretty bauble now and again; get my hair done regularly. Hmm have probably done better at this than this time last year, but still a lot of room for improvement.
4) Take some singing/music classes. I have been wanting to do this for so long, but now I want to find a way to make it happen. Again, have been slack. I need to find something I can afford to do. It's all a bit out of my price range.
5) Have a beach holiday with my family. I can tick this one off. We had a wonderful 10 days away up on the north coast.
6) Start a long-term saving/investment plan. Still in progress, but plans are being made.
7) Finish my backyard (it's been a project in progress for two years!) and make it a lovely place to be. This one can almost be ticked off too. My yard should be done by early next week. Hurrah!!
8) Plan an overseas holiday for 2011 - either New York or France (or both!). Hmmm this is looking pretty unlikely. I don't think it will be achieved.
9) Cook a sensational three-course French meal for Skip (doesn't really go with number 1, I know). Have been stealing wonderful ideas from Pink Patent Mary Janes. See her lemon tart here .
10) Find a wonderful dream to chase and start chasing it. This one is coming to fruition too. Definitely a few steps further on number 10, which was the most important of all the resolutions.
This is the incentive I need to get a move on the others. How are your resolutions going? Have they been long forgotten? Or already achieved?