I haven't done one of these for ages and ages, so I though it was high time.
Only in Dubai……
* do people gush to each other about the lovely cool weather when it's 36 degrees and there has a lot of gushing about it recently. Just this morning I took Darbs to the park at 8am and kept thinking "This weather is so lovely and cool", when I got in the car they said it was currently 31 degrees, I'm not sure how my thin blood will acclimatise to cold weather again!
* do you sit on your balcony and literally in the space of 15 seconds see a Lamborghini, a Maclaren SLS, a hot pink Ferarri and two Bentleys drive past.
* will you overhear a group of 8-year-olds earnestly discuss whether the best ice-cream comes from Paris, Rome or Llubjana.
* do you chuckle when the weather announcer on the radio predicts there is a slight chance of rain later in the evening.
* do your friends go to places like Sri Lanka, Istanbul and Jordan for the weekend.
* do you expect every meal out to be all you can eat and drink.
* do you see clouds and wonder whether the schools will close early.
* do you call to make an appointment with a specialist and are sitting in the specialist's office 40 minutes later.