We are well and truly into 2014 now. No going back now, holidays (for us) are over, it's back to the grind/routine/real life.
So far, it' been a wet and chilly one in Dubai. Everyone we meet has said they've never felt this cold before here and are breaking out jumpers and jeans. Still, it's been 21 during the days and 18 overnight, so it's not like it's a polar vortex or anything. It actually could be a January day in Hobart! But for us Dubaiins it's chilly and I, for one, am making the most of it because one thing is certain - it won't last.
To kick off the year, here are some things I've loved already about 2014:
- Eating fabulous Afghan food with friends while the kids played in the shadow of the world's tallest building. Not a bad way to celebrate an 8th birthday!
- Pretending that it's really and truly winter and cooking hearty meals. As well as eating scones.
- Discovering a new favourite place to eat (The Iranian Club), we'll back there for sure!
- Meeting up with friends after the winter break as they've returned from their 'home' countries.
- Meeting new friends.
- Feeling comfortable that this is 'home', don't feel like the newbie so much anymore.
- Making plans for the year ahead and looking forward to it. It's always exciting to map out how you hope the year will go, even better when there are wonderful surprises along the way.
- Having hysterical conversations with Darbs, it feels like he's grown a year in the past couple of months.
- Generally feeling content that our family of five is doing well together and separately. We're all kicking goals in our individual lives and enjoying each other's company when we come together.
What have you enjoyed about 2014 so far?